Re: [AUCTeX] pstricks and TeX-PDF-mode

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] pstricks and TeX-PDF-mode
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:30:17 +0530

Mosè Giordano wrote (Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 09:58:24PM +0200):
> > (unless (or (member "pst-pdf" TeX-active-styles)
> >             (eq TeX-engine 'xetex))
>
> Thanks for your suggestion, I applied this change.

C-h v TeX-active-styles shows that it contains auto-pst-pdf rather than
pst-pdf. So, on second thoughts, we might also be able to use

(unless (or (member "pst-pdf" TeX-active-styles)
            (member "auto-pst-pdf" TeX-active-styles)) ...

This seems slightly "cleaner" to me. It would solve my specific problem, but
since I don't (yet) know how auto-pst-pdf got into TeX-active-styles, I'm not
sure if this is a better / more general solution.

Thanks for pointers to the xelatex vs. pdflatex question! I'll look them up.

Best,
Mandar.