Re: [AUCTeX] minor releases

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] minor releases
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 17:00:08 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

> That said, I'm all in favor of releasing 11.89 anytime soon if Mosè
> agrees.  In the end, he's our release manager because he has infinitely
> more experiences in doing releases.  (He did it once, I haven't done it
> at all. :-))

I'm fine with a new release, I'd just like to fix some bugs before the
release, like https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19504 (I
looked at it some days ago but I didn't find new solution apart from
those I suggested there -- if we can't find a solution soon we can go
ahead with the new release anyway).  Probably in the list there are
some bugs already fixed but waiting for a confirmation.

Regarding the possibility to have, in general, minor releases, like
11.88.mmm, I don't think the Makefile, as it is now, has been written
taking them into account, we would need to adjust some rules.  If it's
not really needed, I'd be happy to avoid this :-)

Bye,
Mosè