Re: [AUCTeX] minor releases

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] minor releases
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 22:24:32 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm fine with a new release, I'd just like to fix some bugs before the
> release, like https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19504 (I
> looked at it some days ago but I didn't find new solution apart from
> those I suggested there -- if we can't find a solution soon we can go
> ahead with the new release anyway).

What's wrong with the third version of `TeX-completing-read-multiple'?
I mean, of course it's not overly charming to have three different
versions of a function but, well, it's not a showstopper.

> Regarding the possibility to have, in general, minor releases, like
> 11.88.mmm, I don't think the Makefile, as it is now, has been written
> taking them into account, we would need to adjust some rules.  If it's
> not really needed, I'd be happy to avoid this :-)

Agreed.  And actually I like having ELPA as some kind of prime
distribution channel.  It's easiest for us and easiest for users.

> BTW, before a new release I'd like to know if AUCTeX should cater for
> the mess OS X El Capitan created with MacTeX.  Feedback is welcome in
> this regard.

I didn't know about such issues.  And a quick google search pointed me
to https://tug.org/mactex/UpdatingForElCapitan.pdf where it is only said
that /usr/texbin/ is gone and now users need to put /Library/TeX/texbin/
in their PATH.  So what?

Bye,
Tassilo