Re: [AUCTeX] Patch to tex-info.el to support node name completion in @..

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Patch to tex-info.el to support node name completion in @..ref commands, and solve a few other pbs
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 17:55:01 +0100

Dear Mosé,

No there was no strong reason for assoc-string rather than assoc, the
point was just that when you know that the key is a string assoc-string
is supposed to be faster.

My opinion --- with no regard to this specific patch --- is that it
would better in the case of XEmacs to define assoc-string as an alias of
assoc if the function is unbound.

Furthermore, I must say that the way I wrote this patch is quite generic
because I have anticipated that there are other specials characters
(hashsign, backslash, etc...) that we may want some day to
de-escape. However currently the map contains only the comma character,
so using assoc[-string] to search a map of one element might be a little
over-engineered. The code could be simplified without use of a map if
everybody is content with not anticipating any other escapable characters.

VBR,
    Vincent