Re: [AUCTeX] Installation Auctex & tools tuning

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Installation Auctex & tools tuning
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 23:17:37 +0100

pigreco erre <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear all,
> I have a problem with my Auctex &  Emacs in LateX Preview functions.
> I create & own portable installation and all programs are located in
> my USB together TexLive packages, Sumatra pdf-reader & all Ghostscript
> tools.
> Takeing into account the item above I have two question to end my process:
>
>     1) Where can I include Ghostscript path to allow the Latex preview
> functions go on in correct way? (I mean what variable must include the
> Ghostscrip bin path and others binary file used in windows
> i.e. Ghostxps & Ghostpcl).

Within Emacs, `exec-path' could help:

,----[ C-h v exec-path RET ]

`----

>     2) What is the binary "rungs.exe" included in TeXlive that is
> called by preview-gs-command variable? (If I see the variable I find
> "f: (USB letter
> number)/Program-folders/TeXlive2015/bin/win32/rungs.exe").

On Windows, TL comes with a smaller, hidden version of Ghostscript.  See
the file:

f:/Program-folders/TeXlive2015/tlpkg/tlgs/README.TEXLIVE

You can access this version of Ghostscript through `rungs'.  Try

rungs --help

Best, Arash