Re: [AUCTeX] Logo for AUCTeX: request for ideas

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Logo for AUCTeX: request for ideas
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 06:11:21 +0100

On 2016-02-23, at 21:06, Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> wrote:

>> A lion as a logo it sounds good
>
> I don't have anything against lions, I just don't see links with
> AUCTeX.  Actually there is the TeX  lion,[1] but being AUCTeX part of
> GNU I think a gnu is...well, more suitable.  I'm open to suggestions
> and comments, though, if someone else like the idea of the lion I
> won't object.

Well, I guess the link between TeX and the lion (TeX's "mascot") is
pretty clear.  My first thought was a gnu riding a lion (or vice versa),
but that might be tricky to pull off without giving not completely
appropriate associations.

What about a image of a gnu on a piece of metal type?  (I mean "type"
like this:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Printing_letters#/media/File:Blytype_2.png)

> Bye,
> Mosè