Re: [AUCTeX] Logo for AUCTeX: request for ideas

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Logo for AUCTeX: request for ideas
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 21:47:30 +0100

Hi,

I have been following this thread with interest, and I recognize that
people honestly want to help and contribute. However, I am still not
sure why AUCTeX needs a logo and what purpose it would serve, and I
think that the lack of well-defined objectives is reflected in the
design process.

For example, consider a company that wants a logo for a particular
brand: they want the logo to be associated with that brand, and have a
reasonably good idea of the group they are targeting and the image they
want to convey.

In contrast, it is unclear where and how the AUCTeX logo would be used
(on the website? does that warrant a logo? where else?), who the target
audience is (existing users? potential new users?), and the message we
want to convey (AUCTeX is ... fun? a reliable and convenient piece of
software? etc)

The discussion might still result in a nice logo, but if in the end it
doesn't, I don't think that there is any harm in not coming up with a
logo now and postponing the issue until there is a more clearly defined
need.

Best,

Tamas