[AUCTeX] Choosing the default LaTeX environment to be inserted

From: Dirk Ullrich
Subject: [AUCTeX] Choosing the default LaTeX environment to be inserted
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:52:16 +0200

Hello,

currently `LaTeX-environment' uses a simple heuristics to determine
the default ennvironment to insert: If there is only whitespace
between (bop) and point the default environment is "document".
otherwise the value of `‘LaTeX-default-environment' is used as default
environment.

I have tried to make this decision more robust such that "document" is
also choosen as default environment if there is a mix of
whitespace-only and comment-only lines before point.

The Git patch appended is against "master". I've tried my best to
adhere to the (seemingly) commit message style used in the AUCTeX
project.

Dirk