Re: [AUCTeX] Completion in minibuffer

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Completion in minibuffer
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 10:13:29 +0100

Hi Denis,

>> because they only support recent Emacsens.
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure to understand what that means.

AUCTeX is probably one of the few Emacs packages that still supports
(or tries to do so) Emacs 21 and XEmacs, in order to maintain
compatibility with these Emacsens we avoid using functions introduced
in later versions of Emacs.  On the other hand, helm requires Emacs
24.4.  Thierry Volpiatto said that we could reimplement
`multi-prompt-key-value' using functions introduced in Emacs 23, but
we don't want to break a functionality in older versions of Emacs
(unless we declare them not supported anymore).  See
https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/issues/1161 for the full
discussion.

Bye,
Mosè