Re: [AUCTeX] [RFC] Do not distribute a package for Windows

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [RFC] Do not distribute a package for Windows
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:05:44 +0100

> Hi Mosè,
>
> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I built the manual as .pdf and some TOC entries are misplaced (excerpt
>>> attached).  I have texinfo version 2016-08-16.19 here.  Can you
>>> reproduce this?  TIA.
>>
>> Do you mean that some page numbers go outside the margins?  Yes, I can
>> reproduce this, but it was this way also in 11.89 manual
>> (http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/auctex/11.89-extra/auctex.pdf), so it's not a
>> recent regression.  Probably something changed in texinfo.
>
> Yes, I meant the page numbers.  I took the pdf file from here
>
>     https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.pdf
>
> and indeed, it says Version 11.88, 2014-10-29.  I should have checked
> better :-[

You got me.  I hoped that no one would have noticed that I didn't move
the manual for 11.89 there, before the next release ;-)

> One other thing I didn't check is if my last change to install.texi also
> works with makeinfo -- I just ran pdftex on the file.  Invoking `make'
> in doc/ says
>
>     install.texi:25: @ref reference to nonexistent node `Quick Start'
>     make: *** [Makefile:179: ../INSTALL] Error 1

I guess the problem is that doc/install.texi alone is used to create
the INSTALL file.  Since the reference to post-installation is not
needed there, I think that you can safely wrap the whole sentence
starting with "Once the installation is completed" inside a "@ifclear
rawfile".

Bye,
Mosè