[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 01:21:50 +0100

Hi Jean-François,

2017-01-24 22:57 GMT+01:00 jfbu <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
> I have made some (surprising) progress on my problem.
> I am lacking the Emacs-Lisp knowledge to go much farther
> and also some energy now because reaching this was
> already non-trivial and time-consuming.
> (and today that's the Third important "bug" in software
> I have been confronted with)

I hope they weren't all three in AUCTeX ;-)

> with the set-up above up to **and including** the Index line, when
> I go and open a buffer on a file using a Japanese class, then,
> much to my surprise
> (and it is a quite ironical because it all started with me wanting
> to learn about Japanese LaTeX classes), the TeX-command-list
> actually changes (is this AUCTeX official behaviour ?) and gets more entries:

The behavior you described (adding entries to `TeX-command-list') is expected.

> If I omit the
>  ("Index" "%(makeindex) %s" TeX-run-index nil t :help "Run makeindex to 
> create index file")
> then this insertion of extra things seemingly does NOT HAPPEN
> when I open a buffer on a file like testmendex.tex, and an

The problem was that the "BibTeX" and "Index" entries are changed in
tex-jp.el, but this done without checking whether they were actually
there, resulting in the error you spotted.  I guess that not many
users *remove* entries from `TeX-command-list', that's why probably
this bug went unnoticed for years.  Anyway, that should be fixed now
on git, thanks for reporting it.

> This will give me opportunity to freshen a bit my
> TeX-command-list entries which got frozen quite some years ago

To be honest, changing the value of that variable with customize is a
bit tricky, because you will miss future changes or new entries made
to the default value of that variable (and this was probably the
source of your problem).  The best way would be to only *add* custom
entries (for example with `add-to-list').


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]