[AUCTeX] simplifying keyboard shortcuts

From: Jonas Frey
Subject: [AUCTeX] simplifying keyboard shortcuts
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 20:09:47 -0400

Hi all,

I would like to configure auctex in a way that when I press f5, it
(1) compiles, and
(2) upon successful compilation calls forward-pdf, and upon unsuccessful compilation splits the emacs window and shows the first error

Does anbody have something to paste in .emacs to make that work?

With the standard auctex shortcuts I first have to press "C-c C-c Enter" to compile, and when it fails it tells me to press some other shortcut to see errors. if it's successful I have to press "C-c C-c Enter" again to launch/focus the viewer.

Thanks a lot,

Jonas