Re: [AUCTeX] eps graphics empty with dvipdfmx

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] eps graphics empty with dvipdfmx
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:31:00 +0200

Hi Ikumi!
        Many thanks for your suggestions.

On 24.08.2017 14:16, Ikumi Keita wrote:
> Hi Jan,

>> You are right. I'm converting to DVI first then to PS and PDF. This
>> works very well with dvipdfmx. Removing dvipdfmx the image is shown (in
>> preview)
>
> Let me confirm what that "preview" mean.  I guess that you are talking
> about the images displayed in emacs buffer by preview-latex
> functionality.  I assume so in the rest of this message.
>
>> but collides with the caption.
>>      Any other ideas?
>
> I'm not sure what that collision is.  Attached is a screenshot of the
> buffer with the example latex file you gave in the first message with
> a symbolic link
> test.eps -> /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.16/examples/tiger.eps
> and preview-latex enabled.  No collision is here.
>
> Anyway, you can try another way.  Add the following lines to your
> file and re-open the file.
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% TeX-PDF-mode: nil
> %%% End:
> If your file already has local variales section, only add the line of
> TeX-PDF-mode there.
>
> This will make AUCTeX to stop using pdflatex and to use the usual path
> dvi->ps->png instead.  On my machine, almost the same image was
> displayed in the buffer when preview-latex is enabled.

I've tried to set TeX-PDF-mode to nil and it works better now. However,
the image is cropped on the right and the caption is not centred below
the image. Please find the resulting .png attached. (I've extended the
caption a little bit compared to my original code).

> If that doesn't work either, giving us more detailed information about
> your environment might help.  It would be a good choice to include the
> output of M-x preview-report-bug.

Please find the report attached. (I've removed the header and footer on
a Windows PC. This might have altered the line ending.)
        Hopefully this allows you to make further suggestions...

        Best regards
                Jan