Re: [AUCTeX] Set automatically TeX-PDF-from-DVI variable if documentclas

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Set automatically TeX-PDF-from-DVI variable if documentclass receives option dvipdfmx or dvipdfm
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:43:57 +0100

Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:

> That's the point I'd like to know.  I think that the code would usually
> suffice, too.  I wonder why `LaTeX-provided-class-options' has a
> structure which allows more than one class.  Under what situation can it
> have more than one entry?

Hi Keita,

sorry for my late response.  My bet would have the `standalone' class,
but you know that already :-)

>> I think it is cleaner to set this variable outside the style hook and
>> write something like this:
>
>>     (defvar LaTeX-empheq-package-options
>>       (progn
>>         (TeX-load-style "mathtools")
>>         (append LaTeX-mathtools-package-options
>>                 '("overload" "overload2"
>>                   "ntheorem" "newmultline"
>>                   "oldmultline")))
>>       "Package options for the empheq package.")
>
>> WDYT?
>
> With this code, if the user sets the variable in init file, the expected
> code isn't evaluated so the addtional entries are not appended.  Thus I
> think it's better to put `TeX-load-style' and `append' outside the
> `defvar'.

Thanks for looking at this and fixing the code.

While we're at it: I think I found some unnecessary parentheses in the
option management of geometry.el and graphicx.el which I removed[1].
Please feel free to revert the patch if I'm missing something.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/commit/?id=8b5e53d9f55bdf06e529096156845f660a8d03dc