[AUCTeX] Blurry preview-latex with HiDPI (esp. Apple's Retina display)

From: A540OJhQ3kS
Subject: [AUCTeX] Blurry preview-latex with HiDPI (esp. Apple's Retina display)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 23:31:50 +0000

Hello,

I figured this topic was already raised before, like in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2016-05/msg00030.html (starting from
https://auctex.gnu.narkive.com/VIELjyjv/embedded-previews-in-high-dpi)

I was running Debian/Emacs/AUCTeX on my MacBookPro with "Retina display" with
no problem at all once I set the right DPI for X Window. But I recently had to
switch to MacOS and that blurry preview problem became quite an annoyance that
I finally decided to do something about it so I started to fiddle with various
configurations for days to no avail.

It seems the issue has been around for a while so I was wondering whether the
fix is available or not as of now. I'm using Emacs 26.1 obtained from homebrew
(brew cask install emacs), AUCTeX 12.1.1, MacTeX-2018, MacOS Mojave and
MacBookPro with 15 inch retina display.

Thank you!