Is AUCTeX supposed to parse packages for new symbols?

From: Gulshan Singh
Subject: Is AUCTeX supposed to parse packages for new symbols?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 02:44:20 -0500

I just started using AUCTeX today. It seems like AUCTeX knows the symbols for some packages I use, but not all of them (I've been testing this with autocomplete using company-auctex).

After checking "TeX-style-path", I found a directory with AUCTeX style files for specific packages, like "amsmath". I didn't see one for some other packages I use, like "physics".

Does each new package need an AUCTeX style file, or can AUCTeX generate the style from the .sty file for the package, like it does for user files?