Re: No valid bibliography in this document

From: Hoffmann, Jobst
Subject: Re: No valid bibliography in this document
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 22:15:30 +0000

Am Dienstag, den 17.03.2020, 22:22 +0100 schrieb Arash Esbati:
> Hi Jobst,
>
> "Hoffmann, Jobst" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I found a special problem: I took your example as tst_02.tex and I
> > got
> > upon C-x C-e
> >
> > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "\\bibliography statement
> > missing
> > or .bib files not found")
> >   signal(error ("\\bibliography statement missing or .bib files not
> > found"))
> >   error("\\bibliography statement missing or .bib files not found")
> >   reftex-get-bibfile-list()
> >   eval((reftex-get-bibfile-list) nil)
> >   elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
> >   eval-last-sexp(nil)
> >   funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
> >   call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
> >   command-execute(eval-last-sexp)
> >
> > Then I copied tst_02.tex to tst_04.tex and I got upon C-x C-e :
> >
> > ("/home/ax006ho/TeX/tests/biblatex/biblatex-examples_short.bib")
> >
> > I can reproduce the behaviour any time.
> >
> > I attach both files - diff showed no difference -, do you see any
> > difference?
>
> Nope, they look identical to me as well.
>
> > I don't have clue what's going on here.
>
> Me either.  The only difference I currently see are the entries in our
> .emacs files.  For RefTeX, I only have these lines:
>
>     (require 'reftex)
>     (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'turn-on-reftex)
>     (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)

I've reduced my settings to these three lines, no change.

> Maybe you adjust your setting as well, restart Emacs and try it again.
> Did you try my other suggestion to select
>
>     Ref->Parse Document->Entire Document
>
> from the menu?

Yes, I did it yesterday, it didn't help; now at this moment I did it
again and it works!?????????

I'm curious about tomorrow...

> > Did I get you right, that these are the only lines I need in my
> > .emacs:
> > (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'turn-on-reftex)
> > (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
> > (setq reftex-bibliography-commands '("bibliography"
> >                                      "nobibliography"
> >                                      "addbibresource"))
>
> See above.  Actually, you don't need to set
> `reftex-bibliography-commands' as well.  It has a sensible default.
>
> Which Emacs version are you using?

Emacs 26.3 from Fedora, all updates - if any - applied, several packages
from melpa and of my own.

> Best, Arash

Now I tried another example, a step to multi file projects. I applied
all the tricks, but the message was always:-(

"\\bibliography statement missing or .bib files not found"

I attach the example - the bibliographic file comes with biblatex, so I
assume that you have your own copy, it is in the BIBINPUTS serach path
and it works in another example, I've also linked it into the current
directory -, how is it working for you?

Kind regards
Jobst
--