Re: disable automatic indentation in table like environments

From: Jean-Jacques Rétorré
Subject: Re: disable automatic indentation in table like environments
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 09:28:31 +0200

sam. 01 août 2020,  François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> disait
:

> Le 01/08/2020 à 19:24, Jean-Jacques Rétorré a écrit :
>> sam. 01 août 2020,  François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr>
>> disait :
>>
>>> Bonjour,
>>>
>>> I am wondering if it is possible to disable automatic indentation in
>>> table like environments (tabular, longtable, etc.).
>>>
>>> In a complex table, the result of automatic indentation is awfull and
>>> makes the able unreadable in emacs, so it is difficult to find errors...
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> PS. If possible give me some details on how to proceed, I don't know
>>> anything of lisp language (shame on me!)
>>
>> You can customize the variable 'LaTeX-indent-environment-list
>> and disable the functions you don't want to be active for the
>> ennvironments you want to customize
>>
>> M-x customize-variable ...
>
> Thank you for answering. I edited the LaTeX-indent-environment-list and
> found that only verbatim and verbatim* environments were set to :
> "current indentation".
>
> The others (equation, equation*, picture, tabbing, table, table*) are
> set to : "ignore".
>
> Do I have to add longtable for instance and how to do this?

I don't have this configuration, yet I haven't changed the default
configuration.
Value:
(("verbatim" current-indentation)
  ("verbatim *" current-indentation)
  ("filecontents" current-indentation)
  ("filecontents *" current-indentation)
  ("tabular" LaTeX-indent-tabular)
  ("tabular *" LaTeX-indent-tabular)
  ("align" LaTeX-indent-tabular)
  ("align *" LaTeX-indent-tabular)
  ("array" LaTeX-indent-tabular)
  ("eqnarray" LaTeX-indent-tabular)
  ("eqnarray *" LaTeX-indent-tabular)
  ("displaymath")
  ("equation")
  ("equation*")
  ("picture")
  ("tabbing"))

Indentation in an environment is controlled by a function. I find that
the LaTeX-indent-tabular function is not very satisfactory in some
cases. The solution would be to write a function that does what you
want, but that's Emacs-lisp code.  It is one of the easiest computer
languages to learn and use that I know ...

--
JJR.