key-val label style

From: Wierdl Máté
Subject: key-val label style
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 22:38:25 -0500

Hello,

I am using the tcolorbox latex package which doesn't use the usual '\label' command.  Instead, one has to specify a label  in key-val form as in

\begin{thm}[label={thm:1}]{}{}
  $1=2/2$
\end{thm}

Is there a way to have reftex/auctex work with this variation?   What I mean is this

1) reftex keeps track of these as labels and  when I want to reference this theorem, 'C-c )' will show this to me.  (Until today, this was working fine, but now reftex doesn't recognize this form of a label.  I have no idea what happened, what's changed. )

2) auctex/reftex enters a label in this key-val form when I do 'C-c ('.

3) the "renumber simple labels" function works with such references.

Thanks for your help,

Máté