Flycheck gutter reporting of LaTeX compiler errors

From: Joey Eremondi
Subject: Flycheck gutter reporting of LaTeX compiler errors
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 20:04:00 -0800

I'm wondering if it's possible to have Flycheck report LaTeX compile errors the way it reports linting errors.

For example, if I have:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{documen} %ERROR
Hello world!
\end{document}

I get a message saying there's a compile error, and to hit "C-c `" to see it. If I do this, it jumps my cursor to the error. So somehow Emacs knows that there's an error, and knows what line it is on.

But, flycheck does not highlight any errors in the gutter. chktex linting messages are shown in the gutter just fine, so flycheck is working, it's just not getting the compile errors.

Is there any way to have this set up, so flycheck can highlight compile errors in the gutter, and I can navigate compile-errors using flycheck?

Thanks,

Joey