Re: Command to open logfile

From: Pieter van Oostrum
Subject: Re: Command to open logfile
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 10:36:22 +0100

Maximilian Wuttke <mwuttke97@posteo.de> writes:

> On 13/02/2021 00:29, Pieter van Oostrum wrote:
>> Does AUCTeX have a keystroke or command to open the logfile of the
>> current TeX document, without having to type the filename?
>>

> Did you try `C-c C-l' or `M-x TeX-recenter-output-buffer'?

Yes, I use it all the time. But the logfile contains more information, and when
I am debugging things, the logfile often is more useful.

Also, when you compile another file, and then go back to the first file, C-c
C-l doesn't go to the output of the first file, but the last one compiled.

It would be useful, and very easy to implement, to have a command that brings
up the log file belonging to the current TeX file.
--
Pieter van Oostrum
www: http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/