Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file

From: Al Haji-Ali
Subject: Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 20:58:08 +0100

Hello Ikumi and David,

Thanks for the CC. I am not tracking auctex-devel as closely as before.

I tested the scenario that Ikumi sent on a basic setup of Emacs Doom and
everything is in working order.

>> %%% Local Variables:
>> %%%mode: latex
>> %%%TeX-master: "../main"
>> %%% End:

David, when I tried this on Doom it gave me errors when opening the file. When
I changed it to have a space between %%% and the variables, like this

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "../main"
%%% End:

everything worked. Perhaps try this?

Also, you might want to test on a Doom sandbox (where your private
configuration is disabled) as an extra sanity check.

Best regards,
-- Al