Re: Failed to skip from chapter tex file to master pdf file.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Failed to skip from chapter tex file to master pdf file.
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 18:28:32 +0800

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 3:46 PM Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
> >> (delq nil (mapcar (lambda (buf)
> >>                     (with-current-buffer buf
> >>                       (when (eq major-mode 'LaTeX-mode)
> >>                         (cons (buffer-file-name buf)
> >>                               (TeX-master-file "pdf")))))
> >>                   (buffer-list)))
> >> nil
> >
> > This is just out of the curiosity about the behavior of the `delq'
> > built-in function used above. According to the built-in document:
>
> (delq nil '(nil 1 nil)) ;=> (1)
> (delq nil '(nil nil nil)) ;=> nil, aka, the empty list ()
> (eq nil '()) ;=> t

Got it. The `nil' shown in my example just means the empty result list
(). The `nil' in itself can be used in different context, when it's
used as boolean variable, it means false. But it can also be used to
represent an empty list ().

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province