Re: preview-environment: No enclosing outer environment found

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: preview-environment: No enclosing outer environment found
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:58:52 +0200

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> You can preview $...$ just fine, you just don't get to call it an
> environment.

Yes, you are right.  C-c C-p C-p on the example works with $...$.

> C-c C-p C-p inside of an already existing (but edited) preview would
> just use the already established boundaries I think.  Assuming that I
> remember this detail correctly.

Most probably you do.  The "problem" with C-c C-p C-p might be that if
you have a large document with no existing previews and then call it,
it'll generate previews for the complete buffer because the region it
considers extends forwards and backwards to the next preview.  But you
can mark the region $...$ manually and then C-c C-p C-p.

That's completely alright but justifies the usage of C-c C-p C-e when
you just want to preview a single environment which then needs to be
just that, an environment.

Bye,
Tassilo