Re: Failed to install auctex from within Emacs with straight.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Failed to install auctex from within Emacs with straight.
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 08:41:22 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

> I'm on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, and use straight [1] as the Emacs package
> manager. Now, I try to install auctex from within Emacs with straight,
> but it always freezes at the configure stage.  I describe the detailed
> test steps as follows.

I've never used straight.el but the first thing I'd try was running
./configure in the checkout made by straight.el.  Does that finish?

Then I'd try something like

  (let ((default-directory "~/auctex-checkout"))
    (call-process "~/auctex-checkout/configure" nil "*configure-output*" t))

and check what's in the *configure-output* buffer afterwards.

HTH,
Tassilo