Re: \frametitle macro is not automatically indented in frame environment

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: \frametitle macro is not automatically indented in frame environment in beamer
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 16:52:59 +0200

Kourosh Kalayeh <kourosh2@umbc.edu> writes:

> On 25 Aug 2021, at 10:27, Thibaut Verron wrote:
>
>> Oh I'm very sorry, I read "insert" instead of "indent". What is the
>> value of the variable auto-fill-function in your buffer?
>
> I ran `C-h v` with `auto-fill-function` as an argument (while in
> AUXTeX mode), and I got its value as nil.

This behaviour is due to this change in beamer.el[1].  AUCTeX now checks
if users have auto-filling enabled before filling.  Hence, you have to
turn that mode on in order to get the old behaviour with something like
this in your init file:

    (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'turn-on-auto-fill)

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/commit/style/beamer.el?id=a21c10a076734b710145df5950459351025b8723