Highlighting special characters in math environment

From: Kauê da Silva Sena
Subject: Highlighting special characters in math environment
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:37:39 -0300

Hi!
In this section of the AUCTeX manual, it is described how one could customize the highlighting of commands started with a backslash. I'd like, however, to give special highlighting to certain unicode symbols when they are inside a math environment. For example, =,+,×,⊆, ⊂, ∩, ↦, →,≥,≤,≅,≃,∀,∃,∈,∑. I use those with XeLaTeX and have a method for directly inputting them.
Thank you for any help,
Kauê