Re: Some LaTeX commands, such as \boldsymbol and \hspace, can't be compl

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Some LaTeX commands, such as \boldsymbol and \hspace, can't be completed in AUCTeX.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 15:15:52 +0100

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> On Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, I use the self-compiled git master version of
> Emacs and installed AUCTeX, company-math, cdlatex, etc. as a
> LaTeX-based document preparation environment.
>
> But I still found there are some LaTeX commands, such as \boldsymbol
> and \hspace, which can't completed automatically when I type some of
> their opening characters.

I can't tell about the completion package/method you're using.  But
\hspace is available in AUCTeX with 'C-c C-m hs<TAB>' incl. query for
lengths.  For \boldsymbol, it works for me when I put point inside a
(inline) math environment and type \bol (i.e., $\bol*$ * being point)
and hit C-M-i, then I get \boldsymbol.  I tested without
`LaTeX-math-mode' enabled.

Best, Arash