Re: Feature request: Show the characters corresponding to the LaTeX comm

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Feature request: Show the characters corresponding to the LaTeX commands displayed in minibuffer.
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:20:02 +0800

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 8:32 PM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 10:29 PM Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:
> >
> > > Or are you asking if that will make that work for all standard AUCTeX
> > > completion functions.  I guess so, although just setting
> > >
> > >   (setq-local completion-extra-properties
> > >               '(:annotation-function
> > >                 (lambda (x) (message "AF: %S" x) "foo")))
> > >
> > > or let-binding it around the `completing-read' call in
> > > `TeX-insert-macro' had no effect.  The function has never been called.
> >
> > I think the reason is that we use just a list as completion table
> > whereas the feature requires a function-valued completion table.  That
> > should be doable with `completion-table-dynamic'.  Feel free to play
> > with it.
>
> Could someone here give a minimal working example for the question
> discussed here with `completion-table-dynamic'?

I found an example here [1], but I still can't figure out how to
modify it to meet the problems discussed in this topic:

;;; begin
(defun my-completion-function (prefix)
  ;; You can just ignore the prefix
  '("Chewbacca" "C3-PO" "Calrissian"))

(completing-read "Chose one: "
                 (completion-table-dynamic #'my-completion-function))
;;; end

If someone can provide me with an example of this problem, then I can
try to extend it to all similar situations of the problem discussed
here.

[1] https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/54707

Regards,
HZ