Re: Custom bibliography commands

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Custom bibliography commands
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 10:55:41 +0100

aitor <aitors2005@gmail.com> writes:

> Your example works also for my (after manual `C-c C-n' and and RefTex
> reparse).

Thanks for testing.

> However, this other example doesn't ('C-c C-m' shows
> \citelanguageresource, but it doesn't look into
> "languageresource.bib").
>
> #+begin_src latex
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{lrec2022}
> \usepackage{multibib}
>
> \newcites{languageresource}{Language Resource}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \bibliography{lrec2022-example}
>
> \bibliographylanguageresource{languageresource}
>
> \end{document}
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% End:
> #+end_src

Yes, RefTeX follows LaTeX in this case: With plain bibtex, only one
\bibliography macro is needed with a comma separated file list as
argument.  Under this condition, RefTeX only looks for one bibliography
macro and then stops.  RefTeX has provisions to deal with multiple
bibliography macros, but they are only activated when biblatex package
is loaded.  For your use-case, I can think of 2 solutions:

1. Drop multibib and use biblatex (which is the one-stop shop for
   citations nowadays)

2. Add something like this to your preamble
       \iffalse
       \usepackage{biblatex}
       \fi
   which fooles AUCTeX and RefTeX that biblatex is used.

Best, Arash