Re: Macros for table creation

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Macros for table creation
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 23:33:31 +0900

Hi Sivaram,

> Can this and other macros put in some defaults when the macro
> questions are being asked?  for float positions, table alignments,
> rule lines, # of colummns etc?

What do you mean by "other macro(s)"? Anyway, I assume that "this
(macro)" means C-c C-e table RET. Yes, it offers a default value for
float position (h of "\begin{table}[h]"), vertical tabular alignment
(t of "\begin{tabular}[t]"), and format for tabular ("c|l|r"). Those
values are taken from your input in the last invocation of C-c C-e table
RET in the emacs session.

You can supply the default values for first invocation in the emacs
session, by customizing `LaTeX-float', `LaTeX-default-position' and
`LaTeX-default-format' respectively.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita