Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:36:29 +0900

>> 1. On windows side (not in wsl), does the directory
>> "\\wsl$\Debian\home\citizen13" exist actually?
> Although I feel inclined to answer "no". It could not be be a valid
> abbreviation of my debian-wsl home directory

This must be the culprit. It seems that the wsl document[1]
indicated by Arash (thanks Arash!) instructs to use the directory of the
form
\\wsl$\<Distro Name>\home\<User name>
as the wsl home directory from windows side:
"Use the Linux file system root directory: \\wsl$\Ubuntu\home\<user
name>\Project"
"..., but your performance speed will improve if you store them directly on the
\\wsl$ drive."
"To view all of your available Linux distributions and their root file systems
in Windows File explorer, in the address bar enter: \\wsl$"

1. What happens when you enter
\\wsl$
   in the address bar of windows explorer? (not in wsl)
2. What happens when you issue
explorer.exe .
   in wsl bash console?

If 1. or 2., or both, doesn't return sane result, I suspect that your
installation of wsl is somewhat broken. Consult the troubleshoot section:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/troubleshooting#cannot-access-wsl-files-from-windows

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/filesystems

Regards,
Ikumi Keita