Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win

From: petepetite75
Subject: Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 21:20:38 +0200

> It doesn't seem "always". According to one of your replies[1],
> cmd.exe /c cd
> warned that "CMD.EXE wurde mit..." and started in fallback directory
> "C:\Windows". I suppose those results indicate that cmd.exe encountered
> something unexpected and couldn't run normally.

edit: "almost always" - which in the binary realm of 1/0 can never be satisfying enough, you are right.

> The behavior seems unpredictable to me.

Just to confirm the result one last time and exclude the human unreliability-factor, I tried again:

cmd.exe /c cd

in debian console results in the above stated warning "CMD.EXe wurde dem oben angegebenen [...].

It might be even the right time to just completely switch OS from Win to Linux.

Thanks and regards to all,
Pete

FreeMail powered by mail.de - mehr Sicherheit, Seriosität und Komfort