Re: OT:XML Schema Validation with Emacs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: OT:XML Schema Validation with Emacs
Date: 01 Feb 2004 11:24:01 +0000

"Steven T. Hatton" <address@hidden> writes:

> This may be a bit OT for this list, but I believe it is vitally important and
> Emacs related.  AFAIK, there is no way to validate an XML document against a
> w3c XML Schema instance.

See James Clark's nxml-mode which uses RELAX-NG schemas. Start by
reading the announcement at http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=2061
or go straight to http://www.thaiopensource.com/

There are also numerous tools on his website for validating against
RELAX-NG (externally, nxml-mode already does this in elisp) and
converting between RELAX-NG and DTDs and W3C, RELAX and TREX schemas.