Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:18:44 -0500

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:41:24PM +0000, Nick Roberts wrote:
> Using the display margin does shunt the code sideways but I've got used to
> that.

It would help if it removed the margin when all breakpoints in a file are
deleted; currently once it's there, it seems to be there for good.

> On the other hand, the overlay arrow
> already uses the fringe so it could get a bit crowded.

I don't think this is much of a problem (other debuggers with a similar
display use combined breakpoint/current-position icons to handle this case,
but if that's too hard, I think people could cope with the current-position
icon temporarily overriding a breakpoint icon.

OTOH, I personally don't really mind the display margin being used in this
case, especially if it were made reversible like I mentioned above.

[Well, to be completely honest, I don't use the visual debugging anymore
because it's too buggy/annoying.  E.g., the default window popping-up
behavior is awful if you use gdb keyboard commands: give a gdb command, and
it hides the command window!]

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen