Mac OS X install: no wchar.h?

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: Mac OS X install: no wchar.h?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:54:28 +0000

hi,

Has anyone got  CVS emacs compiled on mac recently?  I tried this
morning, but no joy.  I fixed one presumed error in src/fringe.c,
where variable j was not defined (now on CVS).  After fixing that, I
got the next error:

gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c -fpascal-strings -fno-common -DMAC_OSX
-I../mac/src -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I/Users/stephen/datastore/compiles/emacs/src -fpascal-strings
-fno-common -DMAC_OSX -I../mac/src -Dtemacs -g -O2 strftime.c
strftime.c:71: header file 'wchar.h' not found

And I can't find wchar.h (in the locate database). Anyone else have
this problem?  I just upgraded to panther, but maybe my gcc is out of date:

% gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.1/specs
Thread model: posix
Apple Computer, Inc. GCC version 1175, based on gcc version 3.1
20020420 (prerelease)

I looked in mac/INSTALL, but this had no version information about
gcc.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Stephen