Re: [patch] leim/Makefile.in: make distclean should make clean

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [patch] leim/Makefile.in: make distclean should make clean
Date: 16 Feb 2004 19:44:47 -0500

> src/Makefile.in has "bootstrapclean" instead.  Do you mean
> that we should add that target in ./Makefile.in.

Yes.  Or adjust some existing target so that it can be used for
the purpose of `bootstrap-clean'.

> It seems that maintainer-clean is the best target to make
> the directory the same as just after we do "cvs co".

Indeed.  So

        make maintainer-clean
        make bootstrap

should be used by those people who want a "clean build".  What I'm
personally interested in is to remove the `clean' part of `bootstrap'
so that I can do

        make bootstrap
        <fix up problems that prevented building>
        make bootstrap
        <fix up new problems the prevented building>

without having to rebuild the whole world each time.

        Stefan