Re: Change in compile.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Change in compile.el
Date: 17 Feb 2004 07:59:43 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: 16 Feb 2004 15:08:48 -0500
>
> 2004-02-16  Alfred M. Szmidt  <address@hidden>  (tiny change)
>
>       * progmodes/compile.el (compilation-directory): New defvar.
>       (compile): Save current directory in compilation-directory.
>       (recompile): Bind default-directory to compilation-directory if
>       that is non-nil.
>
> Has somebody tested this change?

Richard asked me to commit this.  I didn't test it, just proofread it.

> I.e. it breaks in those cases where the old code did the right thing
> (i.e. when you go to a compile-mode buffer and do `recompile' there).

Feel free to fix the code so that this special case isn't broken, or
even take out this change entirely if you think it does more harm than
good.

> PS: Also, would it be possible to try and refrain from changing compile.el
> until the newer version is installed?

How is one supposed to know that a new version is in the works?  We
don't really have a machinery for approving patches, so there's no
good way to coordinate patches.