Re: address@hidden: ffap: if file at point doesn't exist, but its direc

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: address@hidden: ffap: if file at point doesn't exist, but its directory does]
Date: 19 Feb 2004 09:07:23 +0200

> From: Dan Jacobson <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:52:43 +0800
>
> By the way, it is a rare occasion that one wants to create files when
> 1000 times more likely one merely has made a typo, so ffap should not
> so readily ask the user "create it?", and instead do other things.

Like what, for example?  Do you have specific proposals?

In my experience, many (most?) programs that deal with files ask for
confirmation in the situations where it is unlikely that the user
indeed meant what the program thinks she meant.  The situation we are
discussing sounds like one of those cases.