Re: man.el

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: man.el
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:02:42 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm not sure, but if that's what we want, let's leave the current
> notification methods unchanged, for the same reason of backwards
> compatibility that you mentioned.

Yes, I think we shouldn't change the current notification methods.
Anyhow, all I wanted was to fix only one problem where invoking man on
horizontally split windows causes truncated lines.  Currently there is
no way to redefine the number of columns since the frame-width is
hard-coded in the Man-getpage-in-background function.  Adding a new
option will allow the user to specify the number of columns she wants.

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/