Re: Customize interface: The use of "boxed" buttons

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Customize interface: The use of "boxed" buttons
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 17:17:46 +0200

I think another reason the boxed button style does not work visually
in Customize, is that the button style is designed to buffers with a
grey background, same as the buttons.  On a white background, they
look totally out of place.  Perhaps they would work less bad if we
changed the default background color of Customize

I think it is ironic that RMS originally told me to use a plain face
for buttons in Customize, as the bold font I used originally was to
visually intrusive.  And now we have the boxed buttons, which are a
zillion times more intrusive.