Re: doc problems with defcustom

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: doc problems with defcustom
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:02:09 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> writes:
> Which is the right way to set such a variable in .emacs (for those of us
> who don't want to use customize)?

>  (customize-set-variable 'pc-selection-mode t)

Oops, I didn't know about this function.

By the way, the docstring contains this sentence:
        value is a Lisp object.
but I think it's not necessary because we can't have
anything other than Lisp object.

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> No, just use the associated function, e.g., (pc-selection-mode t)

> The issue is really independent of customize; some modes need setup to
> be done, and the way you do it these days is by calling the mode function.

For minor-mode variables, what's the difference between
customize-set-variable and the associated function?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden