Re: New .texi file

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: New .texi file
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:28:31 +0300

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:
> I have seen other people struggle with similar problems.  Usually they
> want stuff documented in the Emacs manual and are told that it already
> is too big.

Good.  There is too much useful information not documented in the
Emacs manual only for the reasons of too large printed version.
Having a file without limitations would be very nice.

For example, the Autotype manual should be placed also into this new
Emacs-X manual since Autotype is the only manual that doesn't describe
a separate package.  Usually people look at separate manuals only when
they search for information on a specific package, and so may miss some
Emacs features described in the Autotype manual when looking only in
the Emacs manual.  When people will know that the separate Emacs-X manual
exists they will look for the additional information there.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/