Re: Bug tracking

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Bug tracking
Date: 14 Jun 2004 00:26:27 +0200

>     IMO database functionality is needed. I should be easy to select items
>     having to do with a particular
>       module/issuer/maintainer/priority/version of Emacs/OS
>
> It is easy enough to search a file.  If this gets to be large,
> something is wrong.  We're not planning to use this to track
> individual bugs, and aside from individual bugs, the number of issues
> cannot be too large.

You lost me there -- how do we track individual bugs then?

I'm sick and tired of having +100 mails and usenet articles that are
constantly marked unread because I might have to look at them -- if
nobody else does that.

To be useful, a bug tracker must record all bugs -- trivial and non-trivial
for the purpose of knowing who (if any) is looking into each of those bugs.

And as a repository of things to look at when we have time.

The interface to the system is less important -- but I don't really
see how you can use a central tracker database if you are off-line
most of the time.