Re: One possible bug-tracking system.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: One possible bug-tracking system.
Date: 21 Jun 2004 13:26:02 -0500

> It would be ok to use an existing bug tracking system as long as it is
> easy to use by email.  Rather than proposing difficult alternatives
> such as writing a bug tracker in Emacs, how about looking for one that
> is suitable?

I don't know of any that have decent query interfaces by email.  Some
have good email input; good email output is less common, especially
when it comes to database-style querying.

I assumed you needed full functionality via email, but maybe I'm not
understanding your constraints very well.  If you just want to change
bug states via email, but are okay with leaving database-style
querying to others, then it might be okay for that part of the
functionality to be primarily Web-based. (?)

(I agree with you that writing a custom tracker is unrealistic, though
stranger things have happened.)