Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 19, Issue 62

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 19, Issue 62
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:28:30 -0400

    The reason I added it is that I had SEVERE problems with emacs
    misbehaving or crashing with the initial version of this patch.

    One "misbehaviour" was that reading mail with Gnus suddenly would
    signal not-a-list errors when going from one message to another.  I
    guess that Gnus uses quite large lists to keep track of the messages I
    have read -- and convert that information to/from text, so I would
    guess it uses mapconcat or mapcar in that process, and thus triggers
    the new code...

Perhaps your other changes (adding dogc) were necessary to fix that
bug, but these two specific changes were not.