Re: cannot compile mac emacs for OS9

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: cannot compile mac emacs for OS9
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:25:05 +0200

Le 1 Apr 2005, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu vraute :

> It seems that HAVE_CARBON is not defined in your Emacs.MakeScript.

But it is (see attached makescript).

> Could you try again after cleaning up all the generated files?
>
> In http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00210.html:
>
> (Executing "make Clean -f makefile.MPW > Clean.MakeScript &&
> Clean.MakeScript" would be needed before making another build.)

I did not tried  to clean formerly because my build was  in a fresh checkout
directory where i did no build.

I  have tried  now, but  the  compilation fails  with the  same error  about
undefined TargetID and receiverIDisPSN...

> > I am a bit lost : does not defining HAVE_CARBON implies
> > TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON ?
>
> It does.  Defining HAVE_CARBON leads to the inclusion of Carbon.h, and
> TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON is set to 1 there.

Then I will look for a possible bad installation of MPW.
Thank you for.

Sébastien Kirche