Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Marcelo Toledo
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 03:31:15 -0300

>     After a week of messing with tutorial files we eventually reached the
>     point where tutorial files are no more correct: some files now miss
>     important references to copyright conditions
>
> If the reference to copyright conditions was deleted, could you put it
> back?

He won't be able to do this unless he speak all of the languages already
translated.

I don't know if it is missing or not, I can't read many of them, but we
have an entry in admin/FOR-RELEASE because we want to make sure it is
correct. We already have confirmed and corrected:

etc/TUTORIAL, etc/TUTORIAL.bg, etc/TUTORIAL.cs, etc/TUTORIAL.de,
etc/TUTORIAL.es, etc/TUTORIAL.fr, etc/TUTORIAL.it, etc/TUTORIAL.nl,
etc/TUTORIAL.pt_BR, etc/TUTORIAL.sl and etc/TUTORIAL.sv.

But we still need people to check over:

etc/TUTORIAL.cn, etc/TUTORIAL.ja, etc/TUTORIAL.ko, etc/TUTORIAL.pl,
etc/TUTORIAL.ro, etc/TUTORIAL.ru, etc/TUTORIAL.sk, etc/TUTORIAL.th and
etc/TUTORIAL.zh.

If one would like to help, just remember that the rule is:

"The first line of every tutorial must begin with a sentence saying
"Emacs Tutorial" in the respective language.  This should be followed
by "See end for copying conditions", likewise in the respective
language."

Also remember to update admin/FOR-RELEASE

We're going to fix all of them, soon, but we still have the * COPYING
section in the end of it.
--
Marcelo Toledo
address@hidden