Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 23:04:18 +1200

 > Yes.  See also the various calls to (getenv "TERM") in startup.el,
 > xterm.el and rxvt.el: there are a few more terminal names that could
 > benefit from this change, which the code there mentions.

Right. So xterm-mouse-mode shouldn't be enabled in xterm.el but im
startup.el with an appropriate conditional:

    (let ((term (getenv "TERM"))
          hyphend)
      (while (and term
                  (not (load (concat term-file-prefix term) t t)))
        ;; Strip off last hyphen and what follows, then try again
        (setq term
              (if (setq hyphend (string-match "[-_][^-_]+$" term))
                  (substring term 0 hyphend)
                nil)))
+>   (if (string-match "^\\(xterm\\|rxvt\\|dtterm\\|eterm\\)" term)
+>       (xterm-mouse-mode 1)))

I'm not sure what should be done for customize though. Luc?

Nick