Re: sh-here-document-word should be customizable

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: sh-here-document-word should be customizable
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:30:31 -0400

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005, address@hidden wrote:

>   I wonder why sh-here-document-word is defined with a defvar instead
>   of a defcustom in progmodes/sh-script.el.  It should be customizable
>   from the default value of "EOF," I think.
>
> I don't see any normal reason to change it,
> so I see no reason to make it customizable.

Well, to customize it, like any other aspect of Emacs, implies a
measure of personal choice that's not always required.  I find "EOF"
boring, personally, so I like to change it.  The change would not
affect any existing code, it's just a defcustom instead of a defvar.

I can set it manually, of course, so I don't require it for myself.  I
just thought others might like to customize it as well to make sh-mode
a little more fun.

Ted